References Missing in VS2010

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 3
Feb 23, 2010 at 3:00 AM

<font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

using

</font></font></font><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font></font><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

System; <font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

using

</font></font></font><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font></font><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.Events;

namespace Common

{

public class LoggedInEvent : CompositePresentationEvent<MemberProfile> {}

public class LoggedOutEvent : CompositePresentationEvent<MemberProfile> {}

<font face="Consolas" size="2"><font face="Consolas" size="2"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

}

</font></font></font>

Error 2 The type 'Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Events.EventBase' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Composite, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. C:\Users\ekleeman\VS 2010 Projects\DiversLinq\DiversLinqCommon\Events.cs 7 15 DiversLinqCommon

This happens even after letting VS2010 resolve the reference for me!!!!!

</font></font><font face="Consolas" size="2"><font face="Consolas" size="2"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font></font>

Error 2 The type 'Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Events.EventBase' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Composite, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. C:\Users\ekleeman\VS 2010 Projects\DiversLinq\DiversLinqCommon\Events.cs 7 15 DiversLinqCommon

</font></font><font face="Consolas" size="2"><font face="Consolas" size="2"><font face="Consolas" size="2" color="#0000ff">

</font>

</font></font>

<font face="Consolas" size="2"><font face="Consolas" size="2">

</font></font><font face="Consolas" size="2">

</font>

Feb 26, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hi Erick,

The EventBase class belongs to the Microsoft.Practices.Composite.dll assembly. It appears that the error you are getting is because you have to add a reference to that assembly and to Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.dll to be able to use the CompositePresentationEvent class, as the CompositePresentationEvent class inherits from EventBase.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman