Display ProgressBar While Loading

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 3
Mar 11, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Hi All,

I need some help in Display ProgressBar While Loading data Asyn.

I have 3 Regions ( Header, Main and Footer), when certain event occurs (Click) on MainRegion i Wanted to display a progressBar Covering the Entire Shell (covering 3 Regions).

Thanks In Advance

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Any idea how to wrap the three Regions

Apr 7, 2010 at 3:50 PM

A possible way to wrap all regions could be using something similar to the Busy Indicator from the Silverlight toolkit in the Shell. Suppose your Shell has a Grid as the Root Element. You can add the busy indicator inside your Grid at the bottom of the Grid’s declaration (so it shown at the highest value of the Z axis) and make it occupy the entire grid. So if the Grid has three rows something like this would work:

<Grid><toolkit:BusyIndicator Grid.RowSpan="3" Visibility="{Binding IsSearching, Converter={StaticResource BooleanToVisibilityConverter}}" IsBusy="{Binding IsSearching}" BusyContent="Searching..." />
The ShellViewModel can take care of getting the events through event aggregator and updating the binding properties.

A similar approach can be taken with the ProgressBar control (setting the Width and Height as necessary), but it will not shade the regions and views.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman