Detect active view if it was floating (Prism Application)

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Mar 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM

In my application i'm using xamDockManager to view multiple instances of a view , this view contains a xamGrid , there is a ribbon control which contains a delete button , i want to click on the delete button then the selected record in the selected(Active) view will be deleted.

the previous scenario works fine except in the case that the active view is floating, so for example if select a record in a DockedTopview then i activated the floating view by clicking on it and select a record on its grid , then i clicked the delete button form the ribbon the record from the DockedTop view is deleted .

i need your help please to know the source of the problem

Hosam Elkady

Apr 6, 2010 at 2:29 PM

anyone can help!

Developer
Apr 6, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Hi Hosam,

You can check the Commanding Quickstart, where you can find a similar scenario using WPF controls. You can also check the IActiveAware interface in the MSDN documentation, that provides a way for views to know whether they are selected or not.

You may get better support for the xamDockManager and xamGrid controls in the Infragistics forums.

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi
http://blogs.southworks.net/gmaliandi

Apr 8, 2010 at 10:28 AM

hii Guido

thnks for ur reply.

i'm alredy using IActiveAware interface to detect the active view, and it works fine in normal cases , the main problem is in the case that the view is floating. so sometimes whe the view is floating it can't be detected as it is active instead the view located in the main region is the active one i'm not sure but i think it maybe a bug in the Docking manager or the implementation of IActiveAware interface. the problem that the scenario of my application is very rare and i couldn't find similar impelemantaions

Thanks

Hosam Elkady