Having problem compiling Prism 2.1

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 3
Apr 8, 2010 at 8:18 PM

When double clicking Desktop & Silverlight - Open Composite Application Library.bat, none of the Silverlight projects can open.  They all say:

The project file "C:\Prism2.1\CAL\Silverlight\Composite\Composite.Silverlight.csproj cannot be opened.  The project type is not supported by this installation.  It says this same message for Composite.Silverlight.Tests.csproj, Composite.UnityExtensions.Silverlight.csproj, Composite.UnityExtensions.Silverlight.Tests.csproj, Composite.Presentation.Silverlight.csproj and Composite.Presentation.Silverlight.Tests.csproj.  However all the desktops projects open without a problem which makes me think I'm missing a Silverlight installer?

I've download and installed(twice) Windows Silverlight 3 Runtime, Silverlight Toolkit and Silverlight 3 SDK.  Not sure what I'm missing?  I really don't even care about compiling them I just want the Prism 2.1 modules so I can use them but it doesn't seem to install the modules already compiled?

Apr 12, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Hi Michael,

As you mentioned the error you are getting is probably related to a missing installation component. Based on the ones you enumerated above, it might be the Silverlight 3 Tools for Visual Studio 2008 SP1. If this is the case you probably are not getting any project template options in the New Project dialog.

You can download the installer from here.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman