Navigation framework and prism revisited

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 4, Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Jun 25, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Hi all.

I know this topic has been discussed previously in this post , where the nav framework is implemented with various techniques usually involving a seperate Content PlaceHolder to accomodate the navigation framework specifics.

Since that post Silverlight 4 has arrived and in regards to the Navigation Framework it has got an extensiblility point for adding a custom ContentLoader in the navigation Frame.
As far as I've understood, MEF is making use of this with the mef Xap loader.

What I'm hoping to get some feedback on is what you guys would recommend for implementing when you have a Prism application (with Unity as DI container) with many dynamically loaded modules and also need to supply a external url for accessing the different Views in the application?

Is it recommended to add a custom contentloaded to the existing application, or would it be better to transition over to use the MEF approach to this?

I know some of these questions will be answered by the implementation of Prism 4.0, but would appreciate some feedback before the second phase of the prism 4.0.

Thanks,
-Per-

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Hi Per,

I think that you can find interesting that there are new drops of Prism v4 that contain Quickstarts, documentation, etc in terms of navigation. You can download them from here.

On the other hand, in this other forum thread the community has been discussing the navigation topic.  Additionally, you can find links to the Navigation documentation over there.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero