Jul 14, 2010 at 10:43 AM
Edited Aug 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM
first of all, i think the prism library is gr8t, and much anticipated, all the explanation i could find about the difference between using prism with mef vs. prism with unity lead me to the following conclusion
1. use mef if you are planing to integrate 3 parties
2. use mef or unity depending of how you would like the code to look (if you prefer mef syntax over unity syntax)
beside that i could not figure any thing else :(
I'm working with your drops, and wanted to say and ask a couple of things
1. the MEF sample application is very poor, and most probably fits your needs of testing, and has nothing to do with real world application
2. it took me ages to figure out that when using directory catalog (mef) the modules post build should copy only the modules and not the module reference dlls as well. if you don't follow this you get a weird exception in ConfigureRegionAdapterMappings).
also there is a need to reference Composite.UnityExtensions.Desktop for some strange reason although im using MEF only.
3. when i use the _regionViewRegistry.RegisterViewWithRegion("StatusRegion", typeof(StatusBar)) i get another weird exception at RegionViewRegistry.CreateInstance: "Activation error occured while trying to get instance of type StatusBar,