WPF Hands-On Lab (Prism 4.0 CTP) issue

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Aug 19, 2010 at 11:06 AM

WPF Hands-On Lab: Get Started with the Prism Library (updated) is missing a step to show the Shell.  May serve as a frustration point for users new to the Prism library as step 10 indicates the shell should show.

pagdoc@microsoft.com link at bottom of documentation was kicked back as invalid email.

Aug 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Aug 19, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll pass this on to the rest of team so we can deal with it.

Developer
Aug 19, 2010 at 6:46 PM
Edited Aug 19, 2010 at 8:04 PM

We've fixed the email. Thanks for letting us know. You should be able to use it now.

Aug 19, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Hi Bill,

I've just walked through the whole WPF Hands-on Lab again and  I haven’t experienced this issue. It is possible that you may have missed a step.

Can you please try again, especially the 9 steps of the Bootstrapper section,  and provide us of more information to reproduce the issue if you are still having it?

Thanks,

Diego

Aug 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM

Actually it was step 5 that I overlooked (multiple statements on one line).   My bad, I appreciate your time and effort on the matter!  I'm accustomed to using CreateShell() and overlooked InitializeShell() while preparing my material.