Key Decisions

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4, Prism v4 - WPF 4
Sep 21, 2010 at 4:40 PM

It would be useful to know the thinking behind some key decisions.  For example, why adopt MEF - I've had a look through the Discussions but can't find it.  My concern here is whether this is part of a gradual move from Unity 1 in Prism 2 to Unity2/MEF in Prism 4 no Unity at all in Prism 5 or 6 or whatever.  Perhaps the Home tab could have a page devoted to it?

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM
Edited Sep 21, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. I will create a work-item for this. So the product team will be notified and the community could vote this.

Although there is not information about this particular topic, when you need this kind of information you could use online Prism documentation (in CHM updated so far) or the KB.

In the documentation of Prism v4 in the Chapter 2 – Getting Started with Prism, there is a section Key Decisions that says:

“You will need to decide whether you are using MEF, Unity, or another container for your dependency injection container. This will determine which provided bootstrapper class you should use and whether you need to create a bootstrapper for another container.”

Please take into account that the status of the Prism 4 documentation is work-in-progress.

Regarding to this particular topic you could take a look at the following links:

Additionally,

I hope this helps.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero

Sep 21, 2010 at 5:28 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Sep 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Hi,

A similar question has been answered by the product team with a lot of information in the following thread: MEF or Unity for Prism v4 "Dependency Injection"?

I hope you find this information helpful.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero

Sep 29, 2010 at 6:47 PM
Edited Sep 29, 2010 at 6:48 PM

fantivero wrote:
A similar question ... in the following thread: MEF or Unity for Prism v4 "Dependency Injection"?

Hi Fernando,

Thanks for posting the link to the related thread which I started yesterday.
The link was not working in your post, so I fixed it in this post.

SLEverywhere