ToolBar & active view

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4, Prism v4 - WPF 4
Oct 26, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I would like to manage a toolbar in my PRISM application.
Maybe i can create toolbar items using a "shared" service from all modules. Anyway an importan thing is that toolbar botton have to change his enabled state depending on active view. For example could have a CRUD toolbar and his buttons have to be disabled if current view isn't a CRUD view or just Save button have to be disabled if active cRUD view is in a query state instead than edit states.

What can you suggest me... for reach this purpose? Did i have to implement an "Application Controller" pattern? How can i recognize what is the currentview and (for example) update te ViewModel connected to ToolBar control?

regards.

Oct 27, 2010 at 3:53 PM

after thinking about it and the way my application is coming together, implementing the application controller pattern might not be a bad idea.  Actually put this into my code last night to help facilitate EF initilization and will be a precursor to login authentication later.

Oct 28, 2010 at 5:40 PM

But...what can you tell me about my questions? What do you  think about find what is the view in active state?

Oct 29, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Hi,

You can find a response to this in your other forum thread here.

Fernando Antivero

http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero