Roadmap for V4?

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4, Prism v4 - WPF 4
Nov 4, 2010 at 6:44 AM

What is slated for V4?

What will change?  What will not work anymore?  What has been done and what is left to be done?

This is an actual library question (ie not so much a guidance question).

While I am not stupid, I do request that you dumb this response down a bit.  I do not know the ins and outs of Prism.  Basically, I have watched Mike Taulty's excellent videos on prism.  I have started playing around with prism, and I am curious what will be in the next version.

Nov 4, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Hi,

First of all Prism 4 will RTW early the following week. You can confirm this in the Karl Shifflett's Blog: Karl’ Roadmap Nov – Dec 2010.

In Prism there is a particular document related to the breaking changes when migrating from previous versions. For more information you could take a look at the following documentation section in the Prism4.chm: Upgrading from Prism 2.x

Regarding to the major changes in Prism 4 there is no one document which centralize all of them, but you could take a look at different releases here. If you are looking for more guidance in a particular topic, you could check this in the Prism4.chm. Please take into account that product team is working in the documentation. So, some documents have not been updated yet.

Some of the most important changes in terms of guidance in Prism v4 are:

1. Navigation code and guidance.
  2. Modularity supports MEF as a container.
  3. MVVM, pattern, code and guidance.

In addition, you could find the following blog posts interesting:

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:19 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Hi,

Prism 4 was just published as well as the documentation on MSDN. You can download the Prism v4 RTW from here and you can take a look at the whole documentation here. I think that you can find the following documentation section interesting:

Hope this helps.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero