Add an AggregateModuleCatalog implementation

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Dec 1, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I'd like to suggest adding an AggregateModuleCatalog implementation of the IModuleCatalog interface. This should work quite the same as the AggregateCatalog class from MEF. It should allow me to use any arbitrary combination of existing module catalog types. That would allow me to e. g. 

• use a combination of programmatically defined (core, infrastructure) modules plus custom modules deployed in a directory, or
  • load modules from multiple directories (e. g. "core", "custom")
Dec 1, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, we really appreciate this. If you consider this as an important feature to take into account in future releases of Prism, you could copy this as a work-item marking this as a feature. This way the product team will be notified. 

Nowadays, you could create a different instances of the DirectoryModuleCatalog and load modules from multiples directories. For more information on this topic you could take a look at the Modularity QuickStarts for WPF with MEF, since you will find in an only one application that different modules are loaded using different approaches:

Module

Defined in

Initialized

Downloaded

Depends on

A

Code

When available

With application

D

B

Directory