Prism 4 Silverlight AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Dec 6, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I am attempting to use the Microsoft.Practices.Prism dll for Silverlight and the EventAggregator.  Locally everything is fine, however when i deploy i get the error about AllowPartiallyTrustedCallers in mscorlib.  I used reflector on the Files that where in the root\bin folder of the download and there is no PublicToken.  Does this mean they weren't signed?  

I then used the Library.sln and signed the files myself but am still facing the same issue.  I feel like it shouldn't be this hard to use the libraries.  Does my Silverlight application need another trust level.  Did i sign correct in the first place?

Developer
Dec 6, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Hi,

You might find the discussions in this blog post from Damian Schenkelman useful, as a user has experienced a similar issue. An user that commented on his post proposed that he had the assemblies blocked due to having obtained them from a network location, which might be the cause of your situation.

From the comment: "(...)to find the assembly in question, right click on it, then remove the security block on the network obtained file"

You might also find the following articles useful for your purposes:

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi
http://blogs.southworks.net/gmaliandi