Prism4_VB quickstarts totally in WPF

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Jan 18, 2011 at 9:37 PM

Does anyone have the quickstarts totally in WPF?

I am new to this and only working in the WPF environment.  Having to convert from Silverlight may seem easy to those who are familiar with both, but it is a major obstacle for me.  All tutorial style presentations should encompass both VB and C# and the silverlight and wpf differences.  Trying to understand the concepts being presented and also having to deal with converting is a major problem when I am just trying to find out if some of my concepts are even doable using the Prism environment and WPF.  Coming from another language environment after 15 years, it takes some time for the new concepts to be clear, and having to translate it on top of that gets to be too much!

Brian

Developer
Jan 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Edited Jan 19, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Hi Brian,

You might find the Prism 4 Visual Basic version useful to tighten your learning curve of Prism's capabilities.

As for the WPF and Silverlight versions for all the QuickStarts, you could add that as a work item in the Issue Tracker, so that it is considered for future versions. However, taking into account the differences between WPF and Silverlight, the migration should be straightforward, especially because Silverlight is considered to be a subset of the .NET framework, so things supported in Silverlight are likely to be supported in WPF. In order to learn more about this, you might find the Multi-Targeting QuickStart useful. Additionally, you might the following Codeplex Project useful:

Guidance on Differences Between WPF and Silverlight

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi
http://blogs.southworks.net/gmaliandi