Microsoft.Expression.Interactions compile error

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Feb 3, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Hi,

After installed all system requirements for PRIMS4, when I try to compile the solution "Silverlight Only - Basic MVVM QuickStart.bat" I get compilations errors:

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Windows, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 

If i remove Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll everything works fine.

My referenced assembly is C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Expression\Blend\Silverlight\v4.0\Libraries\Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll because I installed Expression Blend SDK for Silverlight 4.

Does anyone have the same error?

Best regards

Feb 3, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Hi,

You could try to delete the references of the System.Windows and Microsoft.Expression.Interaction assemblies in your project, and then add the references again.

When adding the Microsoft.Expression.Interaction.dll reference, look for the assembly in the Prism\Lib\Silverlight folder where you will find the correct version.

Additionally, you might find convenient to uninstall the Blend Expression SDK and re installing it again.

Let me know if this information helps you.

Thanks,

Miguel Bronzovic
http://blogs.southworks.net/mbronzovic

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Sorry Miguel, but it doesn't works.

I removed PRISM4 files, uninstall Blend Expression SDK 4 for Silverlight 4 and Blend Expression SDK for .NET 4.

Then I install again PRISM 4 files and when I look at Microsoft.Expression.Interaction reference it points to Prims\Lib\Silverlight\Microsoft.Expression.Interactions.dll but I get same compilation errors

Any idea?

Thanks for your support.