ModuleTypeLoaderNotFoundException

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4, Prism v4 - WPF 4
Apr 16, 2011 at 5:05 PM

Play a little bit around wih prism i try to load moduls via ModuleCatalog.xaml with MEF. The catalog was build well in Bootstrapper.CreateModuleCatalog, but in Method Bootstrapper.InitializeModules() a got an Error:

ModuleTyleLoaderNotFoundException: There is currently no moduleTypeLoader in the ModuleManager that can retrieve the specific module

May be i am blind, but i did not find any further information about ModuleTypeLoader and how and where i have to implement it.

Tx for any help and understanding ;-)

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Hi,

You don´t need to implement the IModuleTypeLoader by yourself to fulfill what you’re trying to do. The module manager will load each type loader depending if you are in WPF or Silverlight application. This means it could be FileModuleTypeLoaders or XapModuleTypeLoaders.

You can read Chapter 4: Modular Application Development, specifically section Registering Modules Using a XAML File. Also you might find handy Modularity QuickStarts for WPF and Silverlight using MEF where these concepts are covered. There you will find some working samples that could be helpful to compare with your application to see what could be causing this error.

I hope you find this information useful.

Thanks,

Miguel Bronzovic
http://blogs.southworks.net/mbronzovic