Project Linker: is it possible to populate destination project automatically?

May 5, 2011 at 6:51 AM

I already have a Silverlight project with a large number of source files. Now I want to create a new WP7 project using the same source code files (but obviously, target WP7).

I link the WP7 project to the existing Silverlight project using Project Linker. However, as far as I have been able to work out, this does not automatically generate links to the already existing files in the source project. Project Linker only seems to react to project changes after the link has been established.

Is there any way using Project Linker to automatically populate the destination project with the already existing files in the source project? Or do I manually have to add links (Add Existing Item > Add As Link) in the WP7 project to all previously existing files in the source project?

Developer
May 5, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Hi,

Currently the project linker does not support the scenario you're mentioning, so you could try adding the links manuallly.

Additionally, you could modify the Project Linker's source code to allow this possibility. You can download the project linker's source code from here.

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi
http://blogs.southworks.net/gmaliandi

May 5, 2011 at 3:08 PM

Many thanks for your answer, Guido. I will have a look at the source code to see if I can easily extend the functionality.

In particular, my scenario is that I have several sub-folders in the source project, and I would like to avoid the hassle of re-creating and filling these folders manually in the destination project. But maybe this is outside the scope of the Project Linker? Perhaps it is more of a task for a "New project from existing" template?