Prims and .NET remoting

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Jun 30, 2011 at 5:30 AM

Hi I have and WPF 4- prism application using Unity, My client ask me now access some screens of the application remotly, the views will be into the remoting client and the code behind will executed in the server or main application. The main application can be running normaly with all the functionalities. (both clients are accesing the applicaion the local user and the remote user)

My first thougth was use .net remoting , develop an interface Marshal from view to model-view. and that way is transparent the communication (local to main application same IP and remote to main application different IP)

Any help or hints for this challenger?

Regards

Satch

Jun 30, 2011 at 4:00 PM

Hi Satch,

There is not guidance on .NET Remoting for WPF in Prism out-of-the-box. But I think that you can check the following MSDN documentation:

Take into account that Microsoft is not recommending the use of .NET Remoting for new developments. Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) should be used for creating distributed applications. You can read more about WCF in the following articles:

Additionally, if you decide to go with .NET Remoting approach you might obtain better support in the WPF Forums.

Thanks,

Miguel Bronzovic
http://blogs.southworks.net/mbronzovic