child windows authentication

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Jul 7, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I am really confused about custom navigation in prism and using child windows in prism and using prism region  navigation in a silverlight application  

I know that I do not like using a service locator pattern.

Can you use IOC container with mef,  using prism?  can you use with prism unity?  

What is the best way to use custom navigation using a child window for authentication with prism? Is event aggregator the best way

to go using a publish  subscribe method  seems to use custom navigation What do you need to override to achieve this?  I also came across this which is microsoft enterprise library.

Does this help with that this?

I came  across this pattern by glenn block that uses the presentation model pattern here

I know that I keep dancing ariound this topic. Thank you for your help...   

Jul 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM

You might find the Stock Trader Reference Implementation useful, which shows how to use a child window as a region. Therefore, you could navigate to a popup region, which should result in a view being shown inside a child window.

On the other hand, Prism does not provide guidance on authentication scenarios. However, there should be no impediment for you to use Enterprise Library, or any other library that supports authentication.

Abstracting from the actual mechanism you choose to use to implement authentication, once you decide whether your user is authenticated or not, you could use the Event Aggregator to publish an event that indicates your modules to load their components, based on the fact that your user is authenticated or not. You could also perform a navigation request to different views, based on the same fact.

You might find the following threads useful, where the subject of authentication is treated:

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:37 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2011 at 12:43 AM

Thank you for your answer if I have any more questions  I will ask in A NEW FORUM