Building issue in Bootstrapper class

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Nov 8, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Hi Guys,

I am using Simple Bootstrapper class for loading the Shell window. But when startup from App.xaml.cs it throwing a exception as "{"Directory .\\Modules was not found."}" i have tried with Google but i couldn't find right solution.

Please provide me the solution.

Please find the sample link below :

Thanks and Regards,

Nov 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Edited Nov 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM

When using Discovering Modules in a Directory approach, the module catalog will scan the specified folder and search for assemblies that define the modules for your application.

In your case this error is shown because the directory you define: .\Modules does not exist. A possible solution to avoid this could be by using Post-build events configured on your modules project to automatically store the modules assemblies in this folder after a succesful build.

You might find an example of this on modules B and D of the Modularity QuickStart.

Also we found that you could remove the StartupUri="MainWindow.xaml" property in your App.xaml file as the bootstrapper should be the responsible for the initialization of the application.

I hope you find this helpful.

Agustin Adami

Nov 9, 2011 at 3:07 AM

Hi Agustin,

Thank you for your response.

I am very new to Prism FrameWork. Please tell me with the sample modification how to avoid this problem using "Post-build events" concepts by configuring modules project.

Please make use of the project that is updated in the previous post.

Thanks and Regards,

Nov 9, 2011 at 7:28 AM

Hi Augustin,

Thank you for the link and all. I got the solution from your suggestion.

Thanks and Regards,