Navigation Between Modules with Transaction of some data between them

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Dec 21, 2011 at 5:04 PM

I am new to it, and I am using prism 4 with WPF, in that i am having two modules having some data to transfer from one to another while processing, so anybody can tell me how i can do that?

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:41 PM
Edited Dec 21, 2011 at 6:41 PM

The Prism Library provides different approaches for communicating between modules. Which one you choose may depend on your particular scenario:

• Solution commanding: Use this when there is an expectation of immediate action from the user interaction.
  • Region context: Use this to provide contextual information between the host and views in the host's region. This approach is somewhat similar to the DataContext, but it does not rely on it.
  • Shared services: Callers can call a method on the service which raises an event to the receiver of the message. Use this if none of the preceding is applicable.
  • Event aggregation: For communication across view models, presenters, or controllers when there is not a direct action-reaction expectation.

You might find more information about the aforementioned approaches in the Prism Documentation at MSDN:

I hope you find this helpful,

Agustin Adami