Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.Expression.Interactions and GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Extras.WPF4

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:45 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am facing unknown problem while using Prism 4.  We implement business solution in MVVM pattern. For that I have used

1. Microsoft.Expression.Interactions

2. System.Windows.Interactivity

3. GalaSoft.MvvmLight.Extras.WPF4

for Interaction.Triggers, CallMethodAction and EventToCommand.

<SWI:Interaction.Triggers>
                                <SWI:EventTrigger SourceObject="{Binding ElementName=txtName}" EventName="GotFocus">
                                    <MEI:CallMethodAction TargetObject="{Binding Path=DataContext,ElementName=txtName}" MethodName="txtName_GotFocus"></MEI:CallMethodAction>
                                </SWI:EventTrigger>
                                <SWI:EventTrigger SourceObject="{Binding ElementName=txtName}" EventName="KeyUp">
                                    <GMEWCMD:EventToCommand   Command="{Binding Path=DataContext.cmdtxtNameKeyUpEvent,ElementName=txtName}" PassEventArgsToCommand="True">
                                    </GMEWCMD:EventToCommand>
                                </SWI:EventTrigger>
                            </SWI:Interaction.Triggers>

Everything is working fine but now we required to make whole system loosely couple we choose prism 4.  We already achieved this but above code create following problem as below.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Expression.Interactions, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or   one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

If I comment above code everything is working fine. I don't know what an issue. Does PRISM 4 not support above assemblies?

Please help us to get rid from this problem.

Thank you

Developer
Jan 27, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

As mentioned in this thread: "you could try adding a reference to the Microsoft.Expression.Interactions and System.Windows.Interactivity libraries in both the module that contains the view you're adding an interaction request to, and the shell project of your prism application".

I hope you find this handy,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami