Can't Register 4.1 assemblies to Silverlight Project

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Feb 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

So I downloaded Prism 4.1, registered the binaries with the .bat file and my references exist, but only for .Net4 .0. Not silverlight 5. Oddly enough my co-worker can add the references to the project and upload them to svn, allowing me to update so it works...

I'm I missing something really stupid that tells Silverlight 5 to use .Net 4.0 elements?

Feb 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

So manual adding the assemblies work for me but this still is an annoyance. Any help?

Feb 25, 2012 at 7:15 PM

There is a bug in the <Prism Folder>\Scripts\RegisterPrismLibrary.proj.

If you change

<RegistrationLine Include="[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v4.0\AssemblyFoldersEx\$(RegistrationKey)]"/>

<RegistrationLine Include="[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SDKs\Silverlight\v5.0\AssemblyFoldersEx\$(RegistrationKey)]"/>

the Prism 4.1 libraries will be available in the Add Reference dialog in Visual Studio 2010.

Feb 27, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Do I need to update any other lines?

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:37 AM

No, you don't need to unless you want to make the /u option (u stands for unregister) work.

Feb 28, 2012 at 6:12 PM

We tried installing the latest Prism release and we could reproduce the issue you are mentioning. We also checked that changing the RegisterPrismLibrary.proj file as suggested in this thread seems to register the Prism binaries properly.

We have create a new work item regarding this issue: Bug in RegisterPrismLibrary.proj (Prism v4.1)

Thanks for reporting this,

Damian Cherubini

Feb 29, 2012 at 12:36 AM

No problem.