Stock Trader RI - where download?

Sep 9, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2008 at 11:58 PM
I solved this, I had downloaded a file named- "CompositeApplicationGuidanceForWPF-Release-2008.6.27.6.exe" which doesn't have Stock Trader RI.
So I tried again and downloaded something labelled "CompositeApplicationGuidanceForWPF-June2008.exe" - which does have it.

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2008 at 11:57 PM
I solved this, I had a download file named - "CompositeApplicationGuidanceForWPF-Release-2008.6.27.6.exe" which doesn't have Stock Trader RI (no idea why).
So I tried again and downloaded something labelled "CompositeApplicationGuidanceForWPF-June2008.exe" - which does have it.
Mar 12, 2009 at 3:51 AM
Edited Mar 12, 2009 at 3:52 AM
They definitely missed to include the stock trader RI in the Feb 2009 release :(
Mar 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Hi

The following links will lead you to the download page of the official releases of Prism:

·         Composite Application Guidance for WPF-June 2008

·         Composite Application Guidance for WPF and Silverlight - February 2009

The following is the path where you should be able to find the Stock Trader Reference Implementation:

·         Reference Implementation for the June 2008 release: Decompression Path\Source\StockTraderRI\StockTraderRI.sln.

·         Desktop Reference Implementation for the February 2009 release: Decompression Path\RI\StockTraderRI_Desktop.sln.

·         Desktop & Silverlight Reference Implementation for the February 2009 release: Decompression Path\RI\StockTraderRI.sln.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman

http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Is the Silverlight Stock Trader Reference Implementation compatible with the UI layer of the .NET StockTrader 2.0 application, or are they totally different?

Jul 21, 2009 at 6:34 AM

Hi, I have just run the exe CompositeApplicationGuidance-Feb2009.exe and this was my experience:

The Stocktrader RI is available in <extractfolder>\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI for the WPF Projects. The Solution file is missing.

I just opened the StockTraderRI.csproj.The Shell project is the only Project that gets loaded. After a Rebuild, the following errors occured:

Error	1	The property 'RegionPopupBehaviors.CreatePopupRegionWithName' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.Infrastructure.Behaviors;assembly=StockTraderRI.Infrastructure'. Line 9 Position 5.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI\Shell.xaml	9	5	StockTraderRI
Warning	2	The referenced component 'Composite.UnityExtensions.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	3	The referenced component 'Composite.Presentation.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	4	The referenced component 'Composite.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	5	The referenced component 'StockTraderRI.Infrastructure' could not be found. 	
Warning	6	The referenced component 'StockTraderRI.Modules.Market' could not be found. 	
Warning	7	The referenced component 'StockTraderRI.Modules.News' could not be found. 	
Warning	8	The referenced component 'StockTraderRI.Modules.Position' could not be found. 	
Warning	9	The referenced component 'StockTraderRI.Modules.Watch' could not be found. 	

So I added the missing Projects to the Solution and did a Rebuilod again. Now the situation is the following:

Error	1	The property 'RegionPopupBehaviors.CreatePopupRegionWithName' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.Infrastructure.Behaviors;assembly=StockTraderRI.Infrastructure'. Line 9 Position 5.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI\Shell.xaml	9	5	StockTraderRI
Warning	2	The referenced component 'Composite.UnityExtensions.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	3	The referenced component 'Composite.Presentation.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	4	The referenced component 'Composite.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Error	5	The referenced assembly "D:\CALSrc\CAL\Desktop\Composite\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Composite.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.	StockTraderRI.Infrastructure
Error	6	The referenced assembly "D:\CALSrc\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.	StockTraderRI.Infrastructure
Warning	7	The referenced component 'Composite.Presentation.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	8	The referenced component 'Composite.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Error	9	The tag 'LineChart' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.ChartControls;assembly=StockTraderRI.ChartControls'. Line 29 Position 14.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Modules.Market\TrendLine\TrendLineView.xaml	29	14	StockTraderRI.Modules.Market
Warning	10	The referenced component 'Composite.Presentation.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	11	The referenced component 'Composite.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	12	The referenced component 'StockTraderRI.ChartControls' could not be found. 	
Error	13	The referenced assembly "D:\CALSrc\CAL\Desktop\Composite\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Composite.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.	StockTraderRI.Modules.News
Error	14	The referenced assembly "D:\CALSrc\CAL\Desktop\Composite.Presentation\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Presentation.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.	StockTraderRI.Modules.News
Error	15	The referenced assembly "D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Infrastructure\bin\Debug\StockTraderRI.Infrastructure.dll" was not found. If this assembly is produced by another one of your projects, please make sure to build that project before building this one.	StockTraderRI.Modules.News
Warning	16	The referenced component 'Composite.Presentation.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	17	The referenced component 'Composite' could not be found. 	
Error	18	The tag 'ErrorConverter' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.Infrastructure.Converters;assembly=StockTraderRI.Infrastructure'. Line 15 Position 10.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Modules.Position\Orders\OrderDetailsView.xaml	15	10	StockTraderRI.Modules.Position
Error	19	The property 'RegionManager.RegionName' does not exist in XML namespace 'http://www.codeplex.com/CompositeWPF'. Line 24 Position 157.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Modules.Position\Orders\OrdersView.xaml	24	157	StockTraderRI.Modules.Position
Error	20	The tag 'PieChart' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.ChartControls;assembly=StockTraderRI.ChartControls'. Line 19 Position 14.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Modules.Position\PositionSummary\PositionPieChartView.xaml	19	14	StockTraderRI.Modules.Position
Error	21	The tag 'CurrencyConverter' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.Infrastructure.Converters;assembly=StockTraderRI.Infrastructure'. Line 6 Position 10.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Modules.Position\PositionSummary\PositionSummaryView.xaml	6	10	StockTraderRI.Modules.Position
Warning	22	The referenced component 'Composite.Presentation.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	23	The referenced component 'Composite' could not be found. 	
Warning	24	The referenced component 'StockTraderRI.ChartControls' could not be found. 	
Error	25	The property 'ReturnKey.Command' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.Infrastructure;assembly=StockTraderRI.Infrastructure'. Line 8 Position 22.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Modules.WatchList\AddWatch\AddWatchView.xaml	8	22	StockTraderRI.Modules.Watch
Error	26	The tag 'CurrencyConverter' does not exist in XML namespace 'clr-namespace:StockTraderRI.Infrastructure.Converters;assembly=StockTraderRI.Infrastructure'. Line 7 Position 10.	D:\CALSrc\RI\Desktop\StockTraderRI.Modules.WatchList\WatchList\WatchListView.xaml	7	10	StockTraderRI.Modules.Watch
Warning	27	The referenced component 'Composite.Presentation.Desktop' could not be found. 	
Warning	28	The referenced component 'Composite' could not be found. 	

In order to get the missing Assemblies from Composite Namespace I had to Build the source in folder <extractfolder>\CAL. The "Prism-HowToGuide_V2" says, that the Composite Assemblies are installed in the folder <extractfolder>\Lib\Desktop, but this was not the case for me.
Additionally I had to convert the Solution to VS2008 Format, which is very strange... The Release Build of the CAL Solution succeeded with the following Warning:

Warning	1	The file 'Mocks\Modules\RemoteModules.xap' could not be added to the project.  Cannot add a link to the file D:\CALSrc\CAL\Silverlight\Composite.Tests\Mocks\Modules\RemoteModules.xap. This file is within the project directory tree.	Composite.Silverlight.Tests

The RI ChartControls Project must also be added to the solution (or the binaries from Debug or Release if the Project was Builded separately). After doing this and adding all the missing Assemblies the Solution finally built with success.

Best regards

Jul 21, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Hi bpatin, 

They are totally different, unfortunately they both use "Stocktrader" in their names.
One of the assets of Composite Application Guidance is the Stock Trader Reference Implementation, which show how it can be used in real scenarios (both for Silverlight and WPF).
The .NET StockTrader Sample Application illustrates the use of WCF and other .NET Enterprise Technologies (both for WPF app and ASP.NET apps).

Hope it helps! 

Matias Bonaventura
http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb