Setup Creation in PRISM FRAMEWORK Application

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
May 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM

Hi All,

Can any body let me know how to create the SetUp for WPF Prism framework applications.

Thanks and Regards,

Sakthi

Developer
May 22, 2012 at 5:01 PM
Edited May 22, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Hi,

As you could find in the following chapter of the Prism documentation there are different choices to deploy a WPF Prism application, which will vary depending on you installation requirements:

There you could find the main differences to help you choose the approach that suits your requirements.

Currently Prism provides guidance and a hands on lab as an example on deploying a WPF Prism application with ClickOnce.

On the other hand if you want to create a Windows Installer deployment package (.msi file) for your application, as mentioned in the aforementioned chapter you have several options to achieve this, including Visual Studio Setup projects, Windows Installer XML (WiX) projects, or numerous third-party installer creation products.

Additionally, I believe you could find the following resources interesting:

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami

May 24, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Hi Adami,

When i create the windows installer package and install the application it doesn't loading the modules and view with the application. What is the thing i am missing here?. How to fix it?

Thanks and Regards,

Sakthi

Developer
May 24, 2012 at 4:26 PM
Edited May 24, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Hi,

As far as I know the application should be ready to run as long as the expected folder structure and relative locations of the executable shell application, the module DLLs, and the content files are maintained.

Therefore, in order to successfully create the installer, you must first specify what needs to be included in the installer and where to install it on the target computer. You could do this by manually adding items to the deployment project with the expected folder structure; as your module's project may not be a dependency of your main project, you might have to add it manually to the corresponding location in the Application folder.

You could find more information on how to configure the Windows Installer in the following link:

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami