GetModuleCatalog not present in UnitiBootstrapper

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Jun 11, 2012 at 3:09 PM

I'm following Mark Miller's articles on Prism and MVVM (2009), and he overrides GetModuleCatalog from the UnitiBootstrapper class, the problem is that my UnitiBootstrapper class doesn't have a definition for GetModuleCatalog.

I checked his CodeCamp source code, and I discovered that he actually uses Microsoft.Practice.Composite..., but once I downloaded Prism 4, I was directed to register prism libraries with RegisterBinaries.bat (Prism 4), and it didin't install those Microsoft.Practice.Composite... dlls.

Mark Miller's articles could be outdated, but is the best I found on how to implement Prism and MVVM.

Articles on Prism generally focus on Interface composition (working with Regions and so on), but don't board the MVVM theme.

I want Prism and MVVM.

Does anybody knows a good article that encompasses Prism and MVVM?.

Developer
Jun 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, the Mark Miller's articles you are mentioning seem to be targeting Prism v2 or a previous version. In Prism v4 the namespaces were changed from Microsoft.Practices.Composite to Microsoft.Practices.Prism and the GetModuleCatalog method of the Bootstrapper was renamed to CreateModuleCatalog. You can find a complete list of the differences between Prism v4 and previous versions in the following section of the Prism documentation:

Regarding Prism v4 and MVVM I believe you could find the following chapters of the Prism documentation useful, which focus mainly on the implementation of the MVVM pattern in Prism, without mentioning the UI Compositions capabilities provided by Prism (regions, navigation, etc):

I hope you find this useful,

Regards,

Damian Cherubini
http://blogs.southworks.net/dcherubini

Jun 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Thank you very much