Subversion breaks RegionManager in Cider, what the duse?

Sep 25, 2008 at 6:43 AM
Hi all.

I have a unusual problem here. When I add the Composite library to our Subversion server, the RegionManager somehow "breaks" and any views associated with it cannot be viewed in design time. Let me explain the course of action we are taking with the Hello World example:
  1. Compile and Run the example to verify it works, and it works fine.
  2. Add the example to subversion and commit it.
  3. Let another download the example from subversion (We are using TortoiseSVN).
The example compiles well, but Shell.xaml cannot be viewed in design time. When trying to reload the designer an error is reported saying:
"Error    1    The attachable property 'RegionName' was not found in type 'RegionManager'.    D:\C#\AVT\HelloWorld\trunk\HelloWorldSample\Shell.xaml    6    19    HelloWorldSample"

This might not be the right forum for this, but have any of you guys any idea what is wrong?

Sep 26, 2008 at 11:03 AM
Hi Kimmen,

That does sound odd (and difficult to troubleshoot/debug).  I have read that the "attachable property..." message is not always accurate, in the particular blog I was reading their actual problem was that their dll was missing.  Since you can compile I doubt this is the case with you but bear this in mind.

My suggestion - a technique I use when Click-Once deployments go south; I'll go to the isolated storage area where the app was installed and then do a file by file comparison until I find the culprit - usually a missing file.  I'd start with the bin folder - which generally doesn't make it into a source control resposititory. 

Good luck - please let us know what it is when you fix it.

Sep 29, 2008 at 6:42 AM
I talked with a colleague (a java dude) and he suggested that I should check if visual studio projects use any hidden files. If so, the hidden files might not have been uploaded to the subversion server. Do you guys know anything about hidden files?