Installing Silverlight

Jul 16, 2012 at 4:10 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2012 at 4:11 AM

Hi:

I was having problems with my Silverlight and Prism (like I wasn't able to see the Prism libraries from withing Silverlight 5, although I fixed the bug in the RegisterPrismLibrary.proj file).

That why I decided to reinstall VS2010 and everything.

For it, when upgrading Silverlight from vesion 3 (which comes with VS) to SL5, I found in the Silverlight pages and CodePlex, I ran into several options:

• I'm installing Silverlight 5 in VS2010. I have Silverlight_5_Toolkit_December_2011, and in order to install it, I guess I must have installed the Silverlight5_Toolbox first, right?
  • The Code-Plex page says that in order to see the 3D controls in the new toolbox, one must have installed the XNA Studio, what does it mean?, does it refer to XNAGS40_setup?, I downloaded it.
  • I also got into the Silverlight page and they suggest to download Silverlight.exe, What is tit?, Is it a more straightful way of installing Silverlight?. I'm using VS2010 which already comes with Silverlight 3,

I was trying to get help from the Silverlight Forum, but didn't get any.

Would you please help me with it?

• Developer
    Jul 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM
    Edited Jul 16, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Hi,

As far as I know in order to install the Silverlight 5 development tools you should install the following:

Then, if you also want to install the additional features for Silverlight, which also includes the 3d project templates, you could optionally install the Silverlight 5 Toolkit.

As mentioned in the note you commented, regarding the requirements needed in order to use the new Silverlight 3D templates, I believe you could find the following thread in the Silverlight forums useful:

Also, regarding the Silverlight.exe installer, I'm not sure if this is the one for you, as it is possible that this is the end-user runtime installer and developers should not install this on machines to be used for Silverlight development.

Note that, you may find more information, better support and guidance on this topics in the Silverlight forums.

Regards,

Agustin Adami
    http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami

Jul 16, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Thank you Agustin. I'll do hat you suggested right away.