Region not showing in the region manager

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Jul 18, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Here is a question posed in Stack overflow. I have the exact same problem. Custom region adapter, custom region NOT showing up in the region manager. If I registerviewiwthregion it works (though the region is still not attached to the regionmanager) otherwise I get errors that my region doesn't exist. Here is the link to the stack overflow question that has code, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Prism 4.1 with silverlight 5 (vs 2012 RC)

Jul 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I believe, that your problem could be related to the one described in the following DevExpress ticket, where an issue regarding Regions and DevExpress controls is reported:

There is explained that a possible cause of this problem is that Prism finds RegionManager for any region using the FrameworkElement.Parent property. Also, there you can find a sample application containing a custom implementation of the RegionManagerRegistrationBehavior created by the DevExpress Team proposed as a workaround for this behavior.

Additionally, I believe you could check this other ticket from the DevExpress forums where a sample that portrays the scenario of using a DocumentGroup as a Prism region is provided (although this sample is for WPF applications, perhaps you could find it interesting).

I hope you find this handy,

Agustin Adami