Which are all the control that can be used to declare regions?

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Edited Jul 22, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Which are all the controls that can be used to declare regions?

I know these:

• ContentControl
  • TabControl
  • ItemsControl

I'm using Prism v4.2, SL 4 and SL5

Jul 23, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Hi Rafael,

You can expose a UI control as a region for any region that have its corresponding region adapter. Region adapters are responsible for creating a region and associating it with the control. By default the Prism Library provides the following region adapters:

• ContentControlRegionAdapter (adapts controls of type System.Windows.Controls.ContentControl and derived classes)
  • SelectorRegionAdapter (adapts controls derived from the class System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Selector)
  • ItemsControlRegionAdapter (adapts controls of type System.Windows.Controls.ItemsControl and derived classes)
  • TabControlRegionAdapter(adapts controls of type System.Windows.Controls.TabControl and derived classes, available only in Silverlight, because the TabControl control in Silverlight does not extend the Selector class and behaves differently from its WPF counterpart)

Also, note that custom region adapters can be created to adapt controls that are not supported by the Prism Library as out-of-the-box.

If your are interested, you could find more information about this in the following section of the Prism documentation:

I hope you find this useful,

Agustin Adami

Jul 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Thank you Agustin.