Signing Assemblies

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:46 PM
Hi All,

I've just gone through my app signing some assemblies and have run into a problem.  At first the compiler complained about the Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Wpf.dll not being signed so I went back into the CAL source and signed two dll's.  The one previously mentioned and Microsoft.Practices.Composite.dll and rebuilt everything.

After dropping these into my CAL directory for my application, when I rebuilt my app the compiler threw an error like:

MyBootstrapper.GetModuleEnumerator()': return type must be 'Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.IModuleEnumerator' to match overridden member 'Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.GetModuleEnumerator()'    F:\VS2008Stuff\MySortBootstrapper.cs

How can I go about fixing this?  Do I need the source for the other libraries that make up CAL and sign/rebuild those as well?

Oct 28, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Try also signing the Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.dll assembly. Take into account that when you compile an assembly with a strong name, any referenced assemblies must also have strong names.

Please let me know if this helps.

Mariano Converti