AnimatedTabControl with no Vertical ScrollBar

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Sep 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM
Edited Sep 20, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I have a silverlight project that I used the Stock Trader example as my base. In my Shell.xaml I am using the AnimatedTabControl to house my 7 different modules. This is a desktop application. Below is the code in my Shell.xaml using the AnimatedTabControl.

<!-- content -->
            <Grid x:Name="ContentGrid" Grid.Row="1" RenderTransformOrigin="0.5,0.5">
                <Grid.RenderTransform>
                    <TransformGroup>
                        <ScaleTransform/>
                        <SkewTransform/>
                        <RotateTransform/>
                        <TranslateTransform/>
                    </TransformGroup>
                </Grid.RenderTransform>
                <Controls:AnimatedTabControl
                    x:Name="BuilderWizardTab"
                    SelectedIndex="0"  
                    VerticalAlignment="Stretch"
                    ItemContainerStyle="{StaticResource ShellTabItemStyle}" 
                    Background="{StaticResource headerBarBG}" 
                    cal:RegionManager.RegionName="{x:Static inf:RegionNames.MainRegion}"
                    AutomationProperties.AutomationId="BuilderWizardTab"/>
            </Grid>

When I am running the application at full screen I see all of the items on each of my modules. When I shrink the screen down I see the Tab Control keeping the scale but the inside items of some modules fall below the tab control size so I start to lose them. Each module has different number of items so some modules still might show the full screen while others get cut off. The Tab Control does not automatically show a vertical and/or horizontal scroll bar so I cannot get to those lost items. 

Is there a setting or style I need to set so the Tab Control shows a scroll bar when the individual module needs one?
Developer
Sep 21, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Hi,

Based on my understanding, you could benefit from the use of the ScrollViewer control to achieve this kind of scenarios. For example you could create a ControlTemplate for your TabControl which should contain an ItemsPresenter within a ScrollViewer, this way you should be able to achieve scrolling within your control.

For more information about the ScrollViewer and how to implement it in a TabControl, I recommend you to check the following MSDN articles:

I hope you find this handy,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami