Project Linker problem

Dec 5, 2008 at 3:46 AM

Hello,

I'm getting the following error after installing CompositeApplicationGuidanceProjectLinker.msi. My environment is VS 2008 Professional Edition (sp1) and running on Windows Xp Professional with SP2.

How can I solve this problem?

---------------------------

Microsoft Visual Studio
Package Load Failure

Package 'Microsoft.Practices.ProjectLinker.ProjectLinkerPackage, ProjectLinker, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' has failed to load properly ( GUID = {E8438F3E-AE3B-4318-A4F2-04C4C3916239} ). Please contact package vendor for assistance. Application restart is recommended, due to possible environment corruption. Would you like to disable loading this package in the future? You may use 'devenv /resetskippkgs' to re-enable package loading.
Yes No  

Dec 5, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Hi

The error is most likely thrown because some of the system requirements to install project linker might not be met. Do you have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Software Development Kit (SDK) 1.1?

If any other problems arise you could check the System Requirements section (1.3) of the readme file to check if that could be the cause of the problems.

You can also check the section TOOLING: PROJECT LINKER (2.) for more information about the Project Linker.

Note: The next Prism-v2 drop that will be released soon does not need Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Software Development Kit (SDK) 1.1 to run and compile the project linker.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman

http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman
Dec 6, 2008 at 7:42 AM
The drop #7 (dropped a few hours ago) should solve this issue, so it should work without the need for installing the VS 2008 SDK.
Dec 7, 2008 at 6:06 PM
Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Yes. Drop 7 solved that issues but I don't get "Add Project Link" in right-click menu. According to the documentation, I should have "Add Project Link" in the content menu of project node in Solution Explorer. And also, i don't get the "Edit Links" option under "Project" menu of VS 2008.

Could you please give me the step-by-step instruction to get "Add Project Link" and "Edit Links"?

Dec 9, 2008 at 5:35 PM
I believe that you right click the project, choose 'Add Existing Item', Browse to and select the Item(s) you want to link (you have to create individual item links, not project links), and then hit the drop down by the 'Add' button to change to 'Add Link'...
Dec 9, 2008 at 5:54 PM
I think "Add Link" is already there by default. (ref: "Adding an Existing Item as a Link" topic from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9f4t9t92.aspx)