Composite Guidance for Silverlight

Dec 16, 2008 at 12:12 AM
I need help deciding if it is too early to start using PRISM V2 for a production Silverlight application.  I mean, is it still a little too early to use the code base as a starting point for work on a new production Silverlight project?  I have been using composite WPF since it was first realeased.  Now I have been tasked with developing a Silverlight version of my application.  Is it posted anywhere on this site what the roadmap is for PRISM V2?  Thank you all, so much, for a great example of what can be done with both WPF and Silverlight.

Best regards,
Chris
Dec 16, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Hi Chris,

No official roadmap has been published for Prism-v2. However, the approximate release date for Prism-v2 is by the end of January (as David Hill said in this post) . As far as using the code base as starting point for a new project you should have no problems because all namespaces from Composite Application Guidance for WPF were already migrated in the latest drop (Commanding still has some things to be added as Julian Dominguez said in this post). So, as long as you are “willing” to update your code with the new drops there should be no problem with starting your application.

The Stock Trader Reference Implementation might also give you a good idea on what you will be able to do with the latest drop.

You may also find the following posts interesting:

·         Prism V2 Drop 7 Now Available (explains what is next in Prism-v2 by Bob Brumfield)

·         Scope for Prism 2.0 (by Blaine Wastell, P&P Program Manager)

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman

http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

Dec 16, 2008 at 1:34 PM
Damian,
Your response really cleared things up for me.  This information is exactly what I needed to move forward with Prism V2.  My hope is that others will find it useful too.

Best regards
Chris