configuration files in CAL

Dec 27, 2008 at 11:54 PM
Hi,
I have a CAL-based client with one module (so far...). The module is loading fine. The module is referencing another assembly which is a client proxy that is consuming a WCF service. The problem is that the module cannot find the app.config file. I tried to locate the file is the shell project, the module project and the proxy project but neither worked...
Why is the app.config not found? How do I get the proxy assembly to load the WCF configuration section from the app.config in the same project?
Thank you,
Ken
Dec 28, 2008 at 11:15 AM
I'm doing the same thing in my project too .. its working fine.. How did you read that app.config file? Did you hardcode the path in your code? Normally, whatever you have in app.config should be merged to your applicationname.config ....
Dec 29, 2008 at 4:52 AM
I didn't read the app.config and that is exactly my problem. Ideally I would like the app.config to be part of the client proxy project but currently I'm getting an error that the app.config does not exists. As I said, I've tried to locate it in the shell and in the module project as well but with no results.
Thank you,
Ken