TargetInvocationException in "protected virtual void RaisePropertyChanged(string propertyName)"

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Feb 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Dear All,

It happens after I upgrade my SL4 application to SL5 and uses the PRISM 4.1.
I have grid dsplays data, when any record is selected I navigate into another view where I assign a properity "CurrentContractor" to a value this properity is cassing the exception, I don't know why .. it was working before the upgrade.

Can anyone help please.

Here is the full trace :

في MS.Internal.XcpImports.CheckHResult(UInt32 hr)
في MS.Internal.XcpImports.SetValue(IManagedPeerBase obj, DependencyProperty property, String s)
في MS.Internal.XcpImports.SetValue(IManagedPeerBase doh, DependencyProperty property, Object obj)
في System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetObjectValueToCore(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
في System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetEffectiveValue(DependencyProperty property, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, Object newValue)
في System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(DependencyProperty property, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, ValueOperation operation)
في System.Windows.DependencyObject.RefreshExpression(DependencyProperty dp)
في System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.SendDataToTarget()
في System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.SourcePropertyChanged(PropertyPathListener sender, PropertyPathChangedEventArgs args)
في System.Windows.PropertyPathListener.ReconnectPath()
في System.Windows.Data.Debugging.BindingBreakPoint.<>c__DisplayClass4.<BreakOnSharedType>b__3()

Best regards
Waleed
Developer
Feb 7, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Hi Waleed,

As far as I know the NotificationObject class which implements the RaisePropertyChanged method class has not changed in this version of Prism (4.1), hence this should no be related to the problem.

On the other hand, I found that a compatibility issue was reported in the MSDN forums when using Silverlight 5, whith a similar stack trace like the one mentioned, I believe you could check it to see if this is related to your problem:
If this is not the case, perhaps it would be helpful, if you could provide more information on the exception / inner exception you are receiving or if you could isolate this behavior in a repro sample application so we can analyze this in further detail.

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami
Feb 7, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Dear Adami,
I believe you are correct ... it happens with "Arabic" .... is there any fix for that .... or should I revert back to SL4?

Best regards
Waleed
Developer
Feb 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Hi,
So far I couldn't find any workaround regarding this error, based on the reported bug mentioned in that thread, it seems that currently there is no direct solution, as no work around for this provided, and as mentioned there this should be addressed in a future version of Silverlight.
On the other hand, I believe you could check if you have the latest build of Silverlight 5 installed. If this is not the case, then I believe perhaps could find better support regarding this subject for example in the Silverlight forums.

Regards,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami