WPF application with layered architecture

Topics: Prism v1, Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Jan 22, 2009 at 3:31 AM
Hello,

i am developing an application using wpf. One of the requirement of my project is, design application such a way that, it should work for both web UI and desktop UI (WPF).

So, i decidd to use Layered architecture. My business layer is actually exposed as WCF services. Both WPF presentation layer and web presentation layer are using common business layer services.

Will Composite WPF , useful for me? or any other framework/guidelines avilable?

Thanks
--

Rajesh A
Jan 22, 2009 at 11:56 AM
Glenn Block wrote a comprehensive article on the topic in September's edition of MSDN - "Patterns for Building Composite Application With WPF".   In addition I did a blog w/webcast on the "Project Linker - Sharing single code base between Silverlight and Desktop applications"

Bill
Jan 22, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Hi

The Composite Application Guidance for WPF will help you to build your WPF presentation layer. This article from the documentation provides an overview of the whole guidance.

If you plan to implement the Web UI with Silverlight, Prism V2 Drops could be useful.

As Billkrat said, the Project Linker Synchronization Tool could also help you to share common code between your WPF and Web presentation layers, to easily maintaining the links between files in different projects. You can find this tool in the Prism V2 –Drop 9.

Hope it helps.

Mariano Converti

http://blogs.southworks.net/mconverti