Why Prism and not other

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM
Edited Dec 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Hi there:

I'm starting a new project with WPF and I've been researching the web for a Framework like Prism or Caliburn Micro, and now I don't know which way to take from here.

My project is a LOB application suit intended for small and medium business. Our development team is very small.

We will use VS 2012, SQL Server Express, Expression Blend, NUnit for TDD, and maybe Unity.

I'd like you guys to tell me why should I decide for Prism?

Thanks in advance.

Dec 9, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Hi Rafael,

Basically the decision mainly depends on what you and your team are more comfortable with each framework, and if the main features of your app would be provided by Prism in a simple manner.

Firstly, the technologies you mentioned you would be using are supported by Prism. Indeed, Prism already provides several functionalities regarding dependency injection with Unity. You can find some related information on the following MSDN Prism chapter:

I would suggest you then to checkout the main features provided by Prism in the following MSDN Prism Guide chapters in order to evaluate how it would help you implement the application requirements:

I hope this helped you,
Gabriel Ostrowsky
Marked as answer by rafaelsoteldo on 12/9/2013 at 11:05 AM
Dec 9, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Hi Gabriel:

One more question, Who developed Prism, Microsoft or a Third party?
Dec 9, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Microsoft developed Prism.
Marked as answer by rafaelsoteldo on 12/10/2013 at 5:34 AM