using only EventAggregator for Silverlight

Mar 18, 2009 at 2:30 PM
I've worked on a WPF application where I found most aspects of the framework very useful (ie, the modularity, region adapters, etc), but I'm now working on a silverlight project that I feel the only thing I'd really want from the Composite Application Guidance is the Event Aggregator. My thought is to attach this to a property on the Application object as a shared instance. I want to keep the download lightweight and thus want to use the bare minimum to achieve this. Is the event aggregator aspect of this easily extractable?
Mar 18, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Hi

This is one of the important features provided by the CAL and it was built with this purpose in mind. As the documentation says, it is “…a lightweight library—you can choose the library capabilities you want to include.”  Therefore you should have no problem creating a project with only the necessary files required to use the EventAggregator for Silverlight and building it, as it does not depend on other features of the CAL. The assembly obtained should enable you the functionality provided by the EventAggregator.

Remember, that the Event Aggregator in the CALs  code is separated in the Composite and Composite.Presentation projects. You should also add the ListExtensions.Silverlight class for it to build successfully.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman

http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman
Mar 18, 2009 at 9:06 PM
Thanks Damian, I'll give it a try.
Mar 18, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Damian,
  Thanks for the info.
   It did build without any issue.
   The file size is down to 20 KB for each of the 2 assemblies, which is great.
   Thanks,
Jeff