Navigation across views in CAL : Best practices

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 2, Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
May 22, 2009 at 5:44 AM

Hi I am trying to navigate from one view to another view, and I am trying to evaluate the best approach and best practices which is used to do so.

Are there any samples for the same, or can we use PageFlowApplication block to navigate across views using CAL?

Thanks
Kris

May 22, 2009 at 7:36 PM
Edited May 22, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Hi Kris,

Prism-v2 provides an easy way to show/hide views in regions, but it does  neither provide any infrastructure for navigating different pages (different URLs), nor recording the history of activated/deactivated views.

Silverlight 3 beta has a new Navigation feature that might also be interesting in your scenario. You should take into consideration that though SL3 is compatible with Prism-v2, Navigation feature might not work in all scenarios (when loading modules dynamically). For more details about this, you can check Mariano Conventi's blog: How To: Integrate a Prism v2 application with the Silverlight 3 Navigation Framework.

Hope it helps!

Matias Bonaventura

http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb

May 23, 2009 at 7:12 AM

Hi Matias,

That was a very quick response and thank you for the information, I do have a question for the navigation like,

I can convert the CAL WPF into a browser based application and than implement the Navigation service provided by WPF,

Can this be achievable ?

Thanks

Kris