TIRED OF THE SHI....... LONG FILENAMES

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
May 22, 2009 at 7:54 PM

hi all coders, i have to admit that i'm loosing patience right now. There is no way for me to express the frustration of the long file name bug

With WPF everytime i download examples or components from the web i get the fu... metadata file not found bug due to long file names

Error    1    Metadata file 'C:\-=C=-\CW\PrismGuidance\Quickstarts\Commanding\Desktop\Commanding.OrderModule\bin\Debug\Commanding.Modules.Order.dll' could not be found    Commanding.Desktop

If i copy the prismGuidance on my c:\ then it's okay but i need my code organized in folder at least.

I'm on XP, i dunno if this bug is also on vista but CAN YOU PLEASE STOP WITH THOSE LONG shiiittt... File and folder hierarchies and names!!!!!!

I had to name my coding folder -=C=- and CW is for wpf components and even then i cannot compile the example because of the metadata not found bug related to long file names.

ALL you library coders should takecare about this long file name bug really.

really really tired of this. 

anybody in the same situation as me??

May 22, 2009 at 8:59 PM
Edited May 22, 2009 at 8:59 PM

Hi,

I have created an item in the issue tracker, so the team can keep track of this suggestion and perhaps take it into account for a future version.

You can vote for it here.

Damian Schenkelman

http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman