View-Switching Navigation QuickStart doesn't run

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Feb 19, 2015 at 7:29 PM
I'm new to prism, and downloaded the View-Switching Navigation QuickStart demo, but it doesn't run. It builds without any issue, but running the solution says cannot find CalendarModule
An unhandled exception of type 'Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Modularity.ModuleTypeLoadingException' occurred in Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Composition.dll

Additional information: Failed to load type for module CalendarModule.

Error was: Could not load file or assembly 'ViewSwitchingNavigation.Calendar.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the path specified..
I use Prism5 with WPF, .net 451

thanks in advance for your help!
Feb 20, 2015 at 2:01 PM
Make sure that the ViewSwitchingNavigation.Calendar.dll module, as well as the others, is copied in the bin folder before you try to run the app.
Feb 20, 2015 at 4:10 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2015 at 4:19 PM
thanks for your reply
yes, I do have the calendar dll as well as all other dlls in the bin folder
I've tried with a Win7 machine, where I have vs2012 .net 45 only, and the demo is running there.
on the machine I have issue is a Win81 machine using vs2013 and .net 451, however I've changed the .net version of the projects to 45, but still getting the error at run time. but I should use the Win81 for the development.
any thoughts?
sorry I use this link for downloading Prism V5
and opening the view switch navigation from this
Feb 21, 2015 at 7:28 AM

finally I was able to run the application.
I commented out the modules section in app.config, and loaded the modules in bootstrapper ConfigureAggregateCatalog() method.

the only issue now that the inboxview is not loading initially. can you help me on that how can I achieve this? actually I cannot find out where to put the navigate call for the inboxview. the Shell.OnImportsSatisfied() is called, but the ModuleManager.LoadModuleCompleted event is not fired.

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:26 PM
Not sure what the problem could be. Have just downloaded, unpacked, opened the ViewSwitchingNavigation QuickStart on two different machines and it opens builds and runs fine without modification.

Only thing I can think of is if something did not complete unpacking for you or you placed it somewhere where you don't have full access permissions for the file system weird things like this could happen.