Prism v3

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:32 AM

Are there any plans to release a new version of the Guidance?

We're thinking on start using the library for a current Silverlight 3 Applications and I would like to know what's the Roadmap for the project. I know P&P works in an agile way and heavily based on customer input. I also know that there're some projects that have evolved during the years like Enterprise Library and others that weren't that succesful. Before we start betting on this library I'd like to know what're the plans (if any) for the next versions of Prism.  I'm specially concerned on the support for the next version of Silverlight that is going to be released soon and there're new pieces like Validation, Navigation, ChildWindows that might need to be covered by the Guidance in the form of documentation, libraries or new Region Adapters. 

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:53 PM

I would like to second the above post and find out more details about Prism 3 with SL3 and RIA services (Data Form, Validation) and SL3 navigation and childwindow as well.

Has there been an official road map about how SL3 and Prism3 and RIA will be coming together to build a modula Business Application?

Thank you in advance!

..Ben

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Hi,  

The following post has some information about future versions of Prism:

Quote from that post: “We're planning the next release of Prism which will target Silverlight 3.0 (and WPF 4.0)…”

Moreover the following discussions address SL3 compatibility:

If you consider your suggestions could be useful for the community you could create a WorkItem in the IssueTracker so people can vote for it and it might be taken into account for a future drop.

Hope it helps!

Matias Bonaventura
http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:26 PM

Matias;

Thank you for your informative answer. I think you gave me enough info for the moment. Seems like David has confirmed version 3 will be supporting the new features for SL3 and that's all I wanted to know.

Thanks!

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Hi Matias, 

Thanks for the answer. I would like to have a bit more info, as of what are the plans for the new version and a source control update (in case P&P already started working on it), but at least knowing that there's going to be a v3 is good.  

Thanks

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Silverlight 3 was released along with Blend and the SL Toolkit. I was not expecting a new release by now, but I'd like to know what are the plans, if someones is currently working on a new version of Prism and if so, if there're going to update the source code in Codeplex?  Apart from the previously mentioned bits I was also thinking in how the assembly caching could affect or somehow change the way the Remote Module Loaded works and if some Blend 3 Behaviours would help to bind UI interactions to commands.