Discussion Suggestion

Jul 5, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I would like to suggest to split the Discussion List into two seperate lists, one for WPF and one for SL. There are many people who post questions without identifying in the title if this a WPF or SL, and we have to read the post to find out it's not the platform we are intrested. Just like any other forum that has many categries, I think this discussion list should be split too.

Thanks!

..Ben

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hi Ben,  

Thanks for the suggestion. We are actually using tags to distinguish the thread specific technology (WPF or Silverlight) and the Composite Application Guidance version (prism-v1 or prism-v2).
When reading the thread the tags appears below the discussion title. When creating a new discussion the following options appear under the Tags section:

• Prism v1
  • Prism v2 - Silverlight
  • Prism v2 - WPF 

As tags are not a compulsory field, there might be some threads without any explicit tag. 

Matias Bonaventura
http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb

Jul 7, 2009 at 5:30 PM
Edited Jul 7, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Matias;

Thanks for the answer,

>>As tags are not a compulsory field, there might be some threads without any explicit tag.<<

This is the real problem, where someone needs to categorize their post and if not (where majority don't), then it's all in one pile. I'm surprise to see, you are not taking advantage a "Forum" system like other MS products.

Thanks anyway!