Domain Service Classes

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 2
Jul 8, 2009 at 8:57 PM

I want to use the new Domain Service Class (currently in CTP aka Alexandria) in my modular Silverlight application. As each module does not have a reference to the Shell Silverlight Application (where the service code is generated) I'm wondering how I'm going to achieve this. Has anyone else tried?

Thanks 

Jul 9, 2009 at 11:49 AM

You need to build the ria services project as a Silverlight class library rather than a Silverlight application...

nice idea, right? shame there's no UI to let you do it.

I blogged a work-around here: http://blog.tombeeby.com/post/2009/06/30/Building-a-NET-RIA-service-project-as-a-Silverlight-class-library.aspx

This will get you by for the time being, but when I was complaining about this very issue on Twitter, Brad Abrams responded and said there will be class library support very soon...

Jul 10, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Thanks Tom - worked  treat :)

Jul 11, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Actually... now that RIA service July CTP is out, this work-around should not be needed. I believe (though I haven't tested the belief) that there is now out-of the-box support for Silverlight class libraries.

Jul 13, 2009 at 12:02 AM

Downloaded the July preview and you are right the workaround is no longer needed :)