Using Prism in commercial application, example of About list of licenses?

Topics: Prism v1, Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Jul 29, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Hi,

I know that Prism has a Ms-PL license. Can somebody give an example how to show that in a simple commercial application? (perhaps in Help>About box?). Do we need to specifiy something if we distribute it only in binary form?

Thanks!

Jul 30, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Hi

The following article is the Prism Ms-PL. I do not have an example to provide, but as long as you follow those guidelines there should be no problem when distributing your application.

There are many explanations of this license if you search around (not just for Prism, as the MS-PL is being used largely, and lots have been said when the ASP.NET MVC was released with this license), and you will find that it is very permissive and won’t force you to do things you probably wouldn’t like to do.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM

For me is looking that we still need to do something:

"(C) If you distribute any portion of the software, you must retain all copyright, patent, trademark, and attribution notices that are present in the software."

How to do that? I'm talking more about common sense use, not really about legal use (where perhaps a lawyer can help better).

Thanks again