TabControl Scrollviewer

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 3
Aug 24, 2009 at 3:29 PM

I posted this same question on the Silverlight forum as I think this might be a combined Silverlight/Prism question.

Is it possible to create a template/style that will show the content of a tabitem in a scrollviewer?  I searched the forums and found lots of questions about having the actual tabs show in a scrollviewer but I want the content of each individual tab to display in a scrollviewer.

My scenario is having multiple tabs open with each tab holding an edit view and each view could be a different size so I want each tab to show the edit view within a scrollable area when needed.

I am using the TabRegionAdapter.

Heather

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:11 PM

Hi Heather,

There should be no problems using templates and styles with the TabRegionAdapter. The Prism reference implementation application uses styles and defines a new template for the AnimatedTabControl and the ShellTabItemStyle for the TabItems. Though it's not exactly your scenario, you can use it as starting point to redefine the templates to include a scrollviewer. 

You might also take into account the following issue that was found with SL3 and prism TabRegionAdapter when using bindings:

Hope it helps!

Matias Bonaventura
http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb