Region view switching transition

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Sep 14, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Hi!

I try to implement visual interaction on switching the views in region manager

So when user changes the active view,  the old active view will fade and slide away and new view would slide and fade in.

Is there any simple way with region manager. Or I should wire up all this "manually"

As far as I understood I would need in shell window 2 instances of the same container control, one for old view sliding off and another for new view for sliding in effect.

Or is there any simpler way for doing this?

Sep 15, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Ok I figured this out.

Basically what I did was, take a "screenshot" from panel to be fade-d out and put this "screenshot" into rectangle. And move in new View in

Sep 15, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Hi,

There might be some publicly available WPF controls which enable this kind of behavior (similar to the TransitioningContentControl for Silverlight). If you require this functionality for a TabControl you could check the animation performed in the RI application that comes with Prism-v2.

Another possible approach could be creating a region behavior that is in charge of performing the required animation when the ActiveView changes by animating the previous and current active view, and add it to the desired region adapter.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

Oct 9, 2009 at 12:08 AM

pyhavaim

Could you show you example as i would love to see what you have done.

Thanks

Marcus