Media Center Style Menu Structure

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Sep 20, 2009 at 11:10 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to create a menu structure that is similar to Windows Media Edition, both in look and navigation.  Can anyone point me in the direction of resources that can help with any of the following :

+ Menu Navigation in Prism (transitions, animations, controller logic)

+ Styling

Cheers,

Jeff

p.s. Let me know if you would like any further clarification

Oct 8, 2009 at 10:45 PM

Hi Jeff,

You can find some links below related to some of the topics you mentioned. Take into account, that most of these topics are not addressed directly by the Guidance, so if you find and approach that is suitable (testable, maintainable) and works, you should use it:

Animation:

By controller logic I understand things related  to “clicking buttons and changing the views in the application”:

Styling:

You can also check the Reference Implementation, which uses styles and animation in controls.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Check out some of the work done by John Papa, Ward Bell and others on the Screen Activator pattern.  John will be publishing a useful article in November on msdn with accompanying source code.  

Mar 21, 2010 at 10:05 AM

Hi, did you ever find a solution or example for what you're trying to acheive? I'm attempting something very similar, and I really need to get a starting point.