Collapse and Uncollapse Border As Region

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Oct 15, 2009 at 8:05 PM

In a simple app I did in the past, to show a wait animation, I have a Border that I toggle its Collapsed property.  When open, the border fills the entire window, and shows the contained animation.  I was thinking about using a similar implementation to show a "popup" modal dialog over all other views in the my app's main window.  Is there an example of this somewhere?  The idea is that the app window would go dim, and I could push a View that would appear above everything else.  Does this make sense?

Oct 16, 2009 at 12:31 PM
Edited Oct 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Hi

This topic was treated in other threads. So, in order to perform this, you can visit this forum thread (which also has links to other threads).

The Prism-v2 Desktop Reference Implementation shows an example on how to show a view in a different window by using a behavior (RegionPopupBehaviors) defined over the shell window, which is creating a NewsReaderWindow in a Popup Region. To see how this works you can debug the ArticleView.xaml code behind, starting with the OpenButton_Click handler method. The ArticleView is located News module inside the Article folder.

I hope you can find this link helpful.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM

After I posted my question, I found that code in the RI and copied it over to my app.  It works well however I don't want my View in another Window.  What MS's does do is point me in the direction I need to go if I want to write my own behavior.  Thanks!

P.S. What does Southworks have to do w/ Prism?  It seems like all the Prism guru's have Southworks blogs.