Silverlight & Codeplex websites?

Oct 19, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Hi all,

This is not a technical question, so my apologies if this is the wrong place to place it, but I need to know the difference between and

Bar the obvious reason that this site is for composite WPF, is it also for Silverlight? Also has anyone used the There doesn't seem to be a discussion tab so that I can discuss my issues in silverlight? Is this the case for everyone or is just me and do I need to do something to enable the discussion tab or contact someone? I couldn't find any options, so here I am.

I hope someone can clarify this for me.

Oct 19, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Hi Thierry,

The is the codeplex site for the Composite Application Guidance for WPF & Silvelight, which is a guidance from p&p that helps develop Composite applications in WPF & SL. The latest release of the guidance is Prism-v2 which you can download from here. This forum is meant for questions related to this guidance.

On the other hand, the site is the codeplex site for the Silverlight Toolkit. You can read about what it is in the home page. Although that site does not have a discussion forum, you can ask any question you might have about it in the following forum: Silverlight Controls and Silverlight Toolkit.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman

Oct 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM

Hi Damian,

Thanks for the reply and the clarification. I never spotted the Forums tab in Silverlight!!!! I was recently at a silverlight jumpstart provided by MS and I'd swear that the lecturer there was on and that she had a discussion tab. Maybe it is because she's working from Microsoft.

I'll get in touch with her and find out if this was the case but I know that when we were in class, I logged on to codeplex and and told her that I did not have the tab and she could not understand why, so maybe as I said, it is only an option offered to MS employees?? Maybe she was on but I'm nearly 100% sure this was not the case.

No worries, I have the forums for now and I'll revert back once I hear from her.